Speaking Biblical Prophesies and Affirmations to Your Unborn Baby
– This article was inspired by my family’s loving anticipation of the arrival of a little baby who I so affectionately call “Baby Girl”. When recently speaking with my nephew, Baby Girl’s father, I mentioned that I wanted to send he and my niece some affirmations to speak to our little loved one as we await her birth. Upon meditating on what I would send to them, I was inspired to write it as a blog so that it may also bless you, the soon-to-be parents in your life and the precious little babies that they are expecting.
Allow me to share with you a very special Bible story about the response of a baby in the womb! We find this awesome story in the first chapter of Luke. The little baby was John the Baptist. Luke, the physician, gives an account of Mary making a long journey from Nazareth to Judah to visit with her cousin Elizabeth when she learned that Elizabeth was with child. The angel Gabriel had revealed to Mary her cousin, who was in her six month of pregnancy, would soon have a baby (cf. Luke 1:26-27). Elizabeth was the elderly wife of Zachary who served as a priest in the temple at Jerusalem. God had promised Zacharias a son. At the time, both Elizabeth and Mary were miraculously pregnant with child. Elizabeth’s pregnancy, with John the Baptist, was miraculous because she had always been barren and now she was old. Mary’s pregnancy was miraculous because she was a virgin, now with child and that child was the Baby Jesus, the Son of God. Upon entering the house of Zacharias, Mary greeted her cousin Elizabeth and John the Baptist immediately became aware of the presence of the Lord and leaped in his mother’s womb. When her baby leaped, Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and Mary made a proclamation known as The Song of Mary: “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior . . . (cf. Luke 1:46-55).
“And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! . . . For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.” (Luke 1:41-45).”
Physicians, based upon medical research, have found that a baby can hear by the 28th week (seventh month) of pregnancy. Unborn babies have a tendency to react to sound, particularly familiar sounds such as their parents’ voices, and music. From Luke, Chapter 1 we can see how an unborn baby and his mother was blessed by the divine promise and presence of the Lord. Likewise, speaking and/or reading scriptures and Biblical affirmations to your baby can usher you and the baby into the presence of the Holy Spirit and profoundly impact the baby’s life. Singing psalms and lullabies will make your baby happy!
10 Affirmations and Bible Verses for Your Baby:
1. You are a gift from God and a reward for Him!
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him (Psalm 127:3 NLT).”
2. Before you were a twinkle in your momma and daddy’s eye God knew you, He set you apart and He has put greatness in you!
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1:5 NLT).”
3. We prayed for you and God granted our request. We will give you back to Him and for your whole life, you belong to the Lord!
“I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD (1 Samuel 1:27–28 NIV).“
4. Little baby, you are marvelous and we thank God for you!
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it (Psalm 139:13-14 NLT).”
5. You are going to grow to be strong in the Spirit, God will gift you with wisdom and the grace of God will always be upon you!
“And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him (Luke 2:40 NKJV)”
6. After you are born, I am going to take you in my arms and regularly speak the blessings of the Lord over you my child!
“Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them (Mark 10:16 NLT).”
7. We are going to introduce you to the Lord, you will have a personal and intimate relationship with Him and He will make you a blessing to the kingdom of God!
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these (Matthew 19:14NIV)”.
8. God has angels in heaven assigned to always watch over you every where you are!
“For he will order His angels to protect you wherever you go (Psalm 91:11 NLT).”
“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father (Matthew 18:10 NLT).”
9. I speak the blessings, promises and peace of the Lord upon you!
“May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace (Numbers 6:24-26 NLT).”
10. In the matchless and wondrous name of Jesus, we welcome you to our family where we serve the Lord!
“Then he put a little child among them. Taking the child in his arms, He said to them, anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes Me, and anyone who welcomes Me welcomes not only Me but also My Father who sent Me (Mark 9:36-37 NLT).”
“. . . as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15 NLT).”
Join the conversation! You are invited to share your favorite affirmations, scriptures, poems, psalms and lullabies for the babies and their families.
*The scriptures noted in this post are from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. You are welcome to reprint this article provided the author information, below, is included.
Dr. Linda H. King is the Founder, President & Chief Ministry Officer of Soul Care Ministries International, Inc. and The Soul Care Institute™, an N.C.C.A. Certified Academic Institution; an Ordained Minister of the Gospel and N.C.C.A. Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor – Board Certified; Ministerpreneur, Christian Coach, Mentor, Speaker and Blogger. Dr. King can be reached 1 (888) 761-5777, Ext 1 or www.soulcareministries.org/contact.